Here's what our team is doing to keep our customers and team members safe amid concerns of COVID-19. Learn More.
Vivint Security Monitor in Oakland
September 23, 2021

Could I install a security camera as a baby monitor in Oakland?

Could I install a security camera as a baby monitor in Oakland?

In loving preparation of the nursery, you put together the cradle, covered the walls with a soft, lighter shade, and created the greatest diaper changing space ever. The next step is to decide how you want to watch over your precious one. You could go with the typical monitoring choice that allows you to listen in through an integrated speaker, or you could go high-tech and utilize HD video, two-way talk, and activation motion detection.

This advanced option may make you think of video surveillance incorporated in a modern home security package, but should you use a security camera as a baby monitor in Oakland? 

What are you looking for in a baby monitor in Oakland?

In years past, a baby monitor was quite basic. You put a component with a microphone in close proximity to the crib, which transmits an audio feed to a receiver that looks like a walkie talkie. Fortunately, baby monitors now offer many more features. To illustrate, many monitors now include high-definition video feeds and two-way talk. You can also connect your monitors to your home’s wireless signal so you are able to wander throughout your home. The latest baby monitors in Oakland are so sophisticated that they resemble inside surveillance in both features and expense.

Would you switch baby monitor with an indoor security camera?

Knowing that baby monitors and home defense cameras have comparable functionality, you will find many people in Oakland connecting their nursery to their home security system. It’s a smart approach -- especially if you’re upgrading to innovative Vivint systems -- as your baby monitor will include:

HD video with low-light capability: Your monitoring device should have at minimum 1080p HD resolution, and infrared LED technology for reliable low-light performance.

Two-way talk: You won’t always have to go into the room to quiet your child back to a restful state. Your calming voice could be the only requirement to keep your little one asleep.

Sensors and alerts: While it’s possible to have your monitoring device stay on constantly to carefully watch your newborn, your attentiveness could start to lag. Conversely, if your security camera detects unexpected movements, you can configure it to deliver a notification to your mobile device. You will appreciate this if your child soundlessly scales out of the crib or if your curious cat noses into the nursery.

Video recordings: Many baby monitors do not capture video footage. Now you have the ability to transmit a brief sample to grandparents to allow them a glimpse of what a peaceful, precious baby you have.

Mobile phone monitor: As an alternative to lugging a separate device wherever you go, you can supervise your little one from a simple smartphone app. You could even check in on your tot and babysitter if you’re lucky enough to have a date night.

A security camera baby monitor can be part of your integrated smart home plan

One important benefit about using a security camera as a baby monitor in Oakland is that it will work in unison with your corresponding home security and home automation products. For instance, if you observe that your newborn is struggling to sleep, you are able to tweak your integrated thermostat from your smartphone app to get a more pleasant temperature. Additionally, when they awaken for a 2 a.m. bottle, you can increase the brightness of the room's smart bulbs to signal that you're on your way. If you by chance have at least two small children in separate spaces, you have the ability to furnish each one an indoor security camera and monitor the video in the same mobile app.

An indoor security camera in Oakland is included in your home’s complete security and automation package

Regardless of whether you want a home security camera to use as a baby monitor or just want one for your residential protection, begin by reaching out to Secure24 Alarm Systems. A Vivint expert will walk you through your options and help you get the right security system for your unique needs. Simply dial (510) 295-0552 or fill out the form on this page.