Security cameras can solely be used as a hindrance—a sign that informs criminals or intruders that “we see you.” Or you can optimize your video surveillance to tighten your home’s security.
Fortunately, modern security cameras come armed with an array of tools all designed to enable total protection for your residence. Whether it’s two-way talk and recording capabilities or infrared dark vision and lightspeed motion sensors, these tools enable you to get the most from security cameras in Oakland.
How To Set Up Your Oakland Home Security Cameras For Top-Of-The-Line Protection
Mounting your security cameras at the ideal locations around your residence is the best place to begin with home security.. Indoor security cameras work best when placed in common areas like the living room or family room. It’s also a smart notion to install a camera near main doors, stairs, or other common areas intruders would have to pass to access the rest of your interior. Exterior security cameras ideally offer you a clear scene of your front door, front walk, front and yards, shed, and other outdoor detached buildings, like sheds. And you can easily see a view of your front porch via a sleek doorbell camera.
There are areas around your interior that aren’t quite as vital to monitor like bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements. Even if you have valuables in your bedroom, placing a camera in the room could reduce your privacy. Consider adding window or motion detectors if you want some type of device in bedrooms.
Features That Optimize Home Security Cameras
Component layout is only the foundation for getting the utmost from home security cameras in Oakland. The additions listed below help to optimize security and increase overall home safety.
- Motion detection: Receive automatic notifications on your phone anytime abnormal motion is sensed. You can also set cameras to begin recording when movements are discovered which will increase camera recording time.
- Recording and storage: Program your security cameras to record and back up clips so you can view them later.
- Two-way talk: Nearly all of today’s security cameras feature a built-in intercom and speaker so you can actually converse with guests through the unit. With your mobile app, you can give the illusion that you’re inside the building or welcome your kids as they come home from school.
- Field of view: Field of view is determined by how much a lens can see, and allows for a more complete look at any space. Opt for cameras that provide at least 120-degree wide angle lens or that are able to pan automatically for superior visibility.
- Dark vision: Make sure your security cameras come with either LED or infrared sensors that will pick up footage of pitch black movement.
- Activity zones: To make security alerts more specific, set up activity zones. For example, you can configure your exterior camera to notify you of activity occurring on your yard or your patio and ignore traffic passing or the sidewalk.
- Mobile app: app, like ADT Control®, empower you to view live camera footage, direct cameras, arm or disarm the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app can send instant notifications when the sense something unusual taking place around your home.
Optimize Your Home Security Cameras Today
Pulling the most out of your home security cameras in Oakland is easier. From ultra fast motion detection to two-way talk, your home security system can go from simply a deterrent to a powerful defense. Call (510) 295-0552 or complete the form below to begin personalizing your security system today.